HauntedOrchid

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

The Dawn Country: A People of the Longhouse Novel - W. Michael Gear, Kathleen O'Neal Gear The Dawn Country picks up pretty much right where People of the Longhouse left off with Koracoo, Gonda, their two allies, and the some of the children they rescued as they continue to search for the rest of the missing children and hunt down Gannajero.

I loved reading People of the Longhouse so I was really excited to start on The Dawn Country, plus there was so much that was left unfinished after the I finished the first one that I had to know what was going to happen to all the characters.

While the story was great and every bit as good as People of the Longhouse, the pace of The Dawn Country was a little bit slower, yet it seemed that the characters faced twice as much the danger as in the previous book

I really liked how the plot was more complex then it first appeared in the first book. It definitely kept me on my toes as my brain went sifting through possibilities for the outcome of the book (I was nearly wrong in my guesses, but in the end I pretty much had figured everything out).

There are so many things that I liked about this book that it's hard to pick just one, but I'll give it my best. One of the things that sticks out the most in mind as I think back over The Dawn Country is the writing. The authors just did an amazing job of bringing the whole era and culture to life with such vibrant storytelling.

Final Verdict: The Dawn Country is one book that'll be on your mind for days after you finish reading it. As you try to wrap your mind around every little thing that happened. Definitely one that I would recommend.

The Dawn Country earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.