HauntedOrchid

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes - Jonathan Auxier Review taken from my blog, The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

I have read a LOT of great books this year, even so I am finding myself bumping various favorites further down the list to make room so that Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes can take the top spot for best of the year (out of books I've read for the first time this year). Final Verdict: Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes is shear brilliance!
Since I now have your undivided attention I will try to explain why I ♥ Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes so much.

One of the reasons I loved this book so much was that it pulled me in from the very first page and left me wanting to do nothing but sit there until I had devoured every last word of it, which is good because nothing has been able to hold my attention since I finished re-reading HP.
What drew me to wanting to read Peter Nimble was that a) it was a mid-grade (which I adore) and b) that I was intrigued by the fact the Peter was a blind thief.

One thing that has been known to make or break a book for me is the way that the plot is laid out; if it doesn't seem to have any method to the madness I'll likely not enjoy it. That being said, I loved how the various points of the story all came together at the end and that it was such a fast paced read. I also thought that the fantastic eyes which Peter received were pretty awesome, especially with how important they were to the actual story.

I really liked the main character, Peter Nimble, and thought that Mr. Auxier did an excellent job creating a protagonist that (thief or not) was just such a fascinating character. I'm finding that words are failing me as I try to sum up why I liked Peter so much (because frankly there are more reasons than I can name for why I liked him, but I'd end up telling you about the entire book if I did). However, part of the reason I liked him as a character was because he always persevered through all the trials that he faced in his life and that he actually was not a bad kid, even if he was a thief.

What I loved the most about Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes was the writing of Jonathan Auxier, which was absolutely brilliant, and how he was able to completely draw me into Peter Nimble's story and leave me thinking about the book even when I wasn't currently reading it. As well as long after I finished reading it.
Α generally odd occurrence for me concerning books that I have read, but I have nothing that comes to mind for what I didn't like about Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes. It was just an all-around enjoyable read for me.

Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.