HauntedOrchid

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

My Soul to Take - Rachel Vincent After having been waiting on my TBR Stack since early December, I finally (on a whim) picked up My Soul to Take to read, and now I'm left wondering WHAT TOOK ME SO LONG to start it. Sorry for the excessive use of caps lock, but I ended up really enjoying it.

What really made My Soul to Take a great book for me would have to be that I loved the fact that it wasn't about your typical supernatural/mythological being. Come on, there are like a ton of YA/Adult books were that have either vampires, werewolves, or the fae ect... or any combination of creatures, but as far as I can tell there hasn't been a book about banshee's. So I really loved how this book broke the paranormal cookie cutter book mold.

While I loved reading this book I do have one thing that I didn't like about it (well more something I didn't like about the MC, Kaylee.) I tended to get quite cross with her everytime she was around Nash, why, because she turned into a giant goo-ball.

My favorite thing about My Soul to Take would have to be that it didn't take half the book for things to get interesting. This is probably going to sound really weird, but I liked how in the very first you were plunged right into the supernatural element of the story with the first death. The reason that's my favorite part is because with most books like this it can take up to half the book before anything out of the ordinary happens.

Again, my least favorite thing about the whole book would have to be Kaylee's gooeiness everytime Nash was around. I found that when characters get like that it tends to turn me off from what would otherwise be an excellent book.

Final Verdict: My Soul to Take is definitely a worthwhile read with a new look at the paranormal genre. Although I loved My Soul to Take I still haven't decided on whether or not to read the second book...but if you my lovely readers think I should continue on with the series I am willing to hear your reasons why.

My Soul to Take earns 5 out of 5 pineapples.