HauntedOrchid

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

Angelfire - Courtney Allison Moulton I know the year has only just begun, but Angelfire has to be one of my favorite reads so far this year. Courtney Allison Moulton's writing just completely blew me away, and the story was absolutely captivating.
I confess, I have a supreme love for books that have angels in them. So far I haven't come across one that I didn't love, and Angelfire was no exception to that list.

I was a smidge worried when the first chapter was kind of slow, but by the second chapter I was so absorbed that I didn't want to have to put it down.

I really liked how I didn't have to wait till the last fifty or so pages for the actual storyline to come into play. Because frankly I get a little bored when it takes over half a book for the premise of a book to come into play, but Angelfire gets right down to the bones of the story, and then there's my favorite part... What did you really think I was going to tell you? I'll just say that I went back and re-read that part just to make sure I read it right.

One of the things that made Angelfire such a great read was Ellie, the main character. I loved how she was such a strong female character, which made for a really refreshing YA read (so glad to have found an action book with a female character that kicks-butt). I also loved how sarcastic she was.

I loved reading about the bond between Ellie and Will; it gave both characters more depth with how easily they seemed to be able to read each other.

So my favorite scene in Angelfire happens to be one that I CANNOT tell you about because it would giveaway entirely too much (plot twist!), but I will say that scene just completely blew my mind.
My least favorite thing about Angelfire would have to be that I don't own a finished copy yet and it doesn't come out till the 15th. :(

Final Verdict: Angelfire is a great action packed debut with thrilling writing.
Bonus, it has minimal swearing and will be released in a matter of days. I'll also be posting a content rating on Rating Reads later this week.

Angelfire earns 5 out 5 pineapples.