HauntedOrchid

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

Secret Vampire (Night World, Book 1) - L.J. Smith When I first picked up Secret Vampire, I had no idea that it was going to be such a (near) tear-jerker of a read. Although I did know going in that Poppy (the MC) was extremely sick and was dying, I really thought that part of the storyline was going to be played down, but it wasn’t and it definitely gave the book more depth.

One of my favorite things about this book was how believable the characters reactions to what was going on were. Their pain was so obvious that you couldn’t help but feel bad for them.

I really liked the conflict that went on between Ash and James over Poppy. James was in trying to keep them apart for their own safety. It added a diversion from what was going on in the North house and kind of lightened it up a bit.

My favorite scene in Secret Vampire is when poppy’s twin brother has a melt down, the writing for that part very nearly made me cry at the pain he was feeling over loosing his sister.

The only thing I didn’t like about the book was the whole thing with soulmates, it very nearly ruined the book for me because it was just so…well, weird.

I would absolutely recommend Secret Vampire to all vampire readers.

Secret Vampire 5 out of 5 pineapples.