HauntedOrchid

The Haunting of Orchid Forsythia

My Lost Daughter - Nancy Taylor  Rosenberg The second half of My Lost Daughter was by far the best part of the book, after the prologue that is, the web the author had woven up to that point made it quite hard to put down until the very end.
Some of the best written parts of the book were after Lily had her daughter, Shana, committed to Whitehall; and how she was in danger of losing her sanity and her life, but also how she come to both loathe and enjoy her time there, so good.
If I had to pick a favorite character from this book, I would have to go with Mary, even though she was barely in the book I found her to be an interesting character.
My favorite part of the book would have to be the prologue, it was just flat-out thrilling and creepy, but just so well written that I had to read that part, like, twice. .
The biggest complaint I have about My Lost Daughter is that there was entirely too many pages that I had to skip due to questionable content that I was uncomfortable reading about. I was also quite dismayed that there was so much swearing.
Final verdict on My Lost Daughter, good book, but could have been better if it was a little more…well clean. Other than that it was very suspenseful with a satisfying end.

My Lost Daughter earns 3 ½ pineapples. I would have given it a higher score, but there were just too many pages that I had to skip.